Peanut Butter Candy Recipe
"For Peanut Butter Lovers"
- 2 lbs Crunchy Peanut Butter (unsalted, non-hydrogenated, no sugars or stabilizers, use almond or cashew butter is allergic to peanuts)
- 1 cup powdered Skim Milk (regular, non-instants is smoothest)
- 1 lb of seed mixture (a packaged blend such as trail mix, or your own selection of raisins or currants, raw sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, almonds and peanuts, raw cashews and sesame seeds)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unfiltered Honey or Brown Rice Syrup
Variations or Optional Ingredients
- 1 cup natural, crunchy granola
- 1/4 cup toasted Wheat Germ
- 1/4 cup Blackstrap Molasses or Sorghum instead of honey
- Use your imagination and creativity
We recommend that you buy these ingredients at a health food store because of the selection of organically grown nut butters. My first choice is Arrowhead Mill's Valencia Peanut Butter because of the way the nuts are grown without any molds. Be sure the oil is on top of the peanut butter, as this indicates the non-hydrogenated form. Peanuts are actually a legume rather than a nut.
Mix together in a large bowl the peanut butter and powdered skim milk, until smooth. Add honey and seed mixture. Knead and make into rolls like a refrigerator cookie dough. Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper, then foil, and freeze or refrigerate. Slice off a piece and enjoy with an apple! The peanut butter candy can also be rolled into walnut sized balls, pressed with a fork and chilled on a cookie sheet. They will look like peanut butter cookies!
Make several of the 2 pound jars at a time. Roll out in a long dough like sticks, wrap in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. You do not want the aluminum to be in contact with any food. Store the unused part in the freezer to keep it fresh.
You may use almond butter instead of peanut butter. Almonds are called the "King" of the nuts. They are high in potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and protein. They are a natural source of laetrile. Both the almonds and the oil are nutritious.
An excellent source of protein, fat (no cholesterol), fiber and complex carbohydrates!
The powdered skim milk increases the quality of amino acids of the peanut, so now it has the complete protein content of a steak.
A nutrient dense, high power food for athletes!
Because of the high caloric nature of peanuts, this is an excellent food for those wishing to gain weight and build muscle!
A delicious after school snack for children! Give them some fresh fruit with this "candy."
Take on hiking trips, backpacking, bicycling, skiing or any "road trips" with your family! The quality protein keeps them from always being hungry.
Can even be sent to your kids in college! They will love you for it.
Back to top